Pottery class and workshop for Studio Potters, Jacksonville, Oregon
Pottery class and workshop, Jacksonville, Oregon: Raku glazing and firing, Throwing techniques, use of flexible metal ribs, stacking cylinders for large forms,Tar Paper pattern slab work, and other techniques of interest to participants to help realize their works in clay. In this pottery class and workshop I will try to address your questions and hopefully increase your pottery knowledge so you can practice your craft and the highest level possible.
- Dates: June 3, 2017
- Location: Dodero Studio
- Pottery class and workshop- $250. – 6 people max.
- Raku glaze preparation, application and firing:
- Glaze calculation and materials
- Use of glaze stains and oxides
- Glaze trouble shooting; bring a glaze you are having problems with.
- Kiln set up and firing
- Throwing with ribs
- Production studio organization and tips
- Other areas of interest of participants
- On line sales strategies
- Shipping and Packing
John Dodero has worked with the Raku process since the early 1970’s and has run a production studio serving primarily the wholesale market producing thousands of pieces a year. John is known for his consistent output of high quality raku ceramics; Also noted for and his wide range of vibrant colored glazes with consistent and distinct crazing patterns with carved and stamped accents.
Visit our Facebook Group page for workshop pictures.
Contact for information or registration or reserve your spot on this page.